At Thrive Wellness in Brentwood, we offer an advanced microneedling technique which uses your body’s own platelet enriched plasma (PRP) to treat a wide range of skin concerns with no downtime. Skin Rejuvenation is a minimally invasive treatment which is safe and effective for almost all ages and skin types.
This treatment stimulates collagen production naturally with an added boost that the PRP provides. Results are dramatic and long lasting, with patients seeing continued improving results for months after their treatment session!
What it Treats: Fine lines and wrinkles, Uneven skin tone, Skin elasticity, Hollow cheeks, Dull skin, Smile lines, Collagen loss, Crow’s feet, Dark under-eye circles, Acne scarring, Rosacea.
Procedure Time: 60 minutes
Eligibility: Female or Male – 18 or older
Recovery & Downtime: There is no need for downtime. Skin may likely be tight, red, and swollen after your Skin Rejuvenation treatment but should subside in 48 hours or less. This won’t prevent you from most normal activities, though. Avoid strenuous activity that would cause you to perspire. You should also avoid direct sunlight exposure. Full skin recovery takes about 3 days.
Why try Skin Rejuvenation in Brentwood?
01. Safe and Natural. This treatment carries little risk of side effects. PRP comes from your body, so there are no complications in using it to help signal your body’s cells to regenerate and stimulate collagen production.
02. Impressive Results. Our patients are pleased with the results of a Skin Rejuvenation treatment. Immediately after treatment, patients notice a healthy glow to their skin. Results will continue to improve over the following days, weeks, and months. Most patients continue to see improvements for up to 6 months!
03. Increase Collagen Production. At Thrive Wellness in Brentwood, we perform our Skin Rejuvenation treatment to encourage a natural renewal of your skin. By using PRP, we encourage your cells to do the work by generating new collagen, which leads to brighter, smoother skin.
What to Expect?
Consultation. At Thrive Wellness, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book your Appointment. Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive for Treatment. When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax. During Skin Rejuvenation treatment, blood will be drawn and placed in a centrifuge and your microneedling will be performed. After your microneedling, your PRP will be applied to the treatment area. Throughout the treatment, you’ll be free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax.
Next Steps. After your treatment session is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments you may need and you’ll be able to go about the rest of your day normally.
To prepare for a Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Brentwood, we suggest:
- For 2 weeks before treatment, do not have any IPL/Laser procedures
- 2 weeks before appointment, avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods.
- 1 week before treatment, avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g. glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g. salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity.
- 1 week before appointment, do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area.
- 3 days before treatment, do not take anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Staying hydrated will aid the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean of any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.
Following your Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Brentwood, it is important to:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least 1 week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2-3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Skin Rejuvenation treatment and traditional microneedling? Microneedling is a popular treatment option at Thrive Wellness in Brentwood. We use multiple fine needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This stimulates the body’s own healing response, prompting your skin to produce collagen and elastin—the building blocks of healthy, youthful-looking skin. Our Skin Rejuvenation treatment is unique because it adds PRP from your body to boost results. We will perform the microneedling portion as usual, then afterwards PRP is applied to the treatment area.
When will I see results? Most patients notice a healthy glow immediately after treatment, with results continuing to improve for up to 6 months after treatment. As with similar treatments, results are greatly influenced by your lifestyle, sun exposure, diet, and the use of effective skin care products.
How many microneedling treatments do I need? For optimal results, we may recommend a series of three or more treatments, each scheduled four to six weeks apart. During your initial consultation for Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Brentwood, we will make a personalized recommendation for the number of treatments needed. We will base it on your overall skincare goals, lifestyle, and budget.
Is there any reason someone shouldn’t have a Skin Rejuvenation treatment? Skin Rejuvenation may not be for you if:
You have active acne, consider alternative treatments; the microneedling technique can actually spread acne-causing bacteria over the skin, causing new breakouts.
You have used Accutane within the last three months.
You have open wounds, cuts, or abrasions.
You have had radiation on your skin in the last year.
You have a skin infection or herpes simplex in the treatment area.
You have trouble healing.
You are pregnant or breastfeeding, you may not be a candidate for microneedling at this time.