If you need a treatment that dramatically improves the health and appearance of your skin and perfectly enhances your natural beauty, the Halo™ laser in Brentwood from Thrive Wellness is an amazing choice. Utilizing the Halo laser in a client’s treatment plan helps us remove damaged outer layers and treat everything from fine lines and wrinkles to uneven skin tone and texture. The Halo laser by Sciton is the only resurfacing procedure that combines both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to maximize your time with us, while keeping downtime short.
When you book a Halo laser resurfacing treatment in Brentwood, your appointment will be preceded by an in-depth consultation to determine your needs. This allows us to discuss your skin type, your specific concerns, and the treatment area you’d like to address. From there, we’ll have a much better understanding of how the Halo laser may fit into your overall treatment plan!
What it Treats: Aging, Fine Lines, Wrinkles, Sun Damage, Melasma,
Enlarged Pores, Skin Texture, Uneven Skin Tone.
Procedure Time: 1 to 2 hours
Eligibility: Female or Male – 18 to 21 or older
Recovery & Downtime: Recovery time from Halo laser treatments varies based on the intensity of the treatment. Most clients require 3 to 7 days to heal.
Why try the Halo laser in Brentwood?
01. Deep Treatment. The Halo laser is extremely effective at treating the (literal) underlying causes of unsightly appearance of the skin.
02. Complementary. Treatments with the Halo laser in Brentwood can work in conjunction with a variety of other treatments to help reduce the appearance of superficial wrinkles and scars.
03. Immediate Effects. Certain patients have reported that they notice a positive change to the appearance of the treated area after just one Halo laser treatment!
What to Expect?
Consultation. At Thrive Wellness, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book your appointment. Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive for Treatment. When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax. Your provider will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During a Halo treatment, we will instruct you to keep your eyes closed. However, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your provider, or simply lay back and relax.
Next Steps. Once the Halo laser treatment is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
In the time leading up to your Halo laser treatment with Thrive Wellness in Brentwood, we suggest:
- Avoid dermal filler injections for 1-2 months before and after your Halo procedure.
- Avoid waxing, facials, hair removal (threading, electrolysis, etc.), extensive sun exposure, or any other laser treatments to the treatment area at least a week prior to your procedure.
- Stop using topical skin treatments (with the exception of a gentle cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen) three days before the treatment.
- Discuss aspirin or other blood thinning medication you are taking during your consultation with your Halo specialist.
Following your Halo treatment, your skin will be red and swollen. This is expected and should subside after several days. Important post-treatment care to expect includes:
- Sleep with the head elevated to minimize swelling.
- Use cool water compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid strenuous exercise and sweating until skin has healed.
- Do not use any cleansing devices or brushes (i.e. Clarisonic) or exfoliating scrubs or other topical products for at least 10 days following your treatment.
- Avoid any UV exposure for 24 hours and use sunscreen religiously starting the day after treatment.
- Do not bump, pick, scratch, or itch the area in any way.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I expect during the procedure? About 30 to 60 minutes before your treatment, we will prepare your skin with a topical anesthetic to minimize discomfort you may feel during the procedure. We also measure the area we are treating to ensure we are treating your skin evenly. During the treatment, we roll the Halo handpiece over each section of the measured area.
What is the downtime associated with the Halo laser? When will I see results? Immediately after a Halo laser treatment, your skin will appear red and swollen. This usually lasts about 24 hours. We advise all of our clients schedule their Halo laser treatment on a day when they can head home to rest afterwards and are not obligated to return to school or work. Generally, though, the majority of patients are able to wear makeup the day after their procedure.
What does the Halo treatment feel like? Most clients experience very little discomfort during a Halo laser treatment in Brentwood. We use a topical anesthetic and a simultaneous cooling technology to help combat any potential unpleasant sensations from the Halo laser itself.
How many treatments do I need? Every client has different goals they wish to achieve. The Halo laser we use at our Brentwood Thrive Wellness can address a variety of these goals! During your initial consultation, your aesthetician will learn everything there is to know about your skin concerns. From there, we will provide our recommendations on how many sessions it will take to get you there (along with complementary treatments we can incorporate into your long-term care plan). Generally, we recommend between one and three treatments for the best results. If you choose to get more than one Halo laser treatment, they should be scheduled six to eight weeks apart. You can also get them as needed to maintain your results long term.